Top Reasons to Choose Type D FIBC Bags
FIBC Type D Bags and workplace safety go hand in hand. When it comes to the safest option in jumbo bags for storage and transportation of flammable, hazardous, or volatile materials, the answer is Type D Bags.
FIBC or bulk bags are made of 100% virgin polypropylene, a petroleum-based product, also known as a thermoplastic. There are other materials as well that goes into the making of these bags, and these make a world of difference in deciding their applications. The four categories of FIBCs are Type A, B, C, and D. What are the factors for deciding which one you need?
It starts from the environment of the production plant where the initial bagging process is done. The place where bulk bags are filled and even discharged can weigh in on the type of bulk bags to be used. Second, is the type of product being stored, and third is static electricity which can build up during the filling and discharging process, or be aggravated by the nature of the product itself.
How do Type D bulk bags work?
FIBC bulk bags are made from polypropylene, although it is a highly insulating material, they are still prone to building up static electricity. Owing to friction and separation that occur during filling and discharging of products within the bulk bag, electrostatic charges build up. These static discharges from bulk bags can range in severity from operator nuisance shocks to those capable of igniting flammable gases, vapours, and dusts.
When you use a Type D FIBC with static protective properties, also known as anti-static FIBC, anti-static bulk bags, or electrostatic FIBC, this very risk of a potentially dangerous static discharge is significantly reduced. In fact, stringent safety protocols can completely ensure a safety net.
Type D FIBC or bulk bags are made with non-conductive fabric that is coated with Type D Chemical. The fabric used in these bags is a completely static dissipater, which means that it not only resists static charge but also actively dispels any that has built up. Therefore, Type D are the best Anti-Static jumbo bags that do even require grounding during filling or discharging.
Anti-static FIBC bulk bags provide protection by dissipating electrical build-up and limiting the energy of discharges thereby preventing fire hazards. In fact, one can never be sure about the human error during the mandatory grounding required for Type C bags. On the other hand, Type D FIBC bags can guarantee safe storage and transport of any combustible product and in any environment.
Why choose Type D FIBC bags?
Are you working with flammable solvents and gases or other combustible substances? If the answer is yes, then Type D Anti-Static jumbo bags are the answer.
A critical concern for many industries is to safely manage the occurrence of static electricity during FIBC filling and discharging processes. The industries susceptible to static electricity hazards include chemicals, foods, minerals, and pharmaceuticals.
Type D FIBC fabrics have a variety of requirements so that their antistatic and static dissipative properties work at the optimum level providing the best safety features.
Similarly, they have stringent testing requirements as well on every four walls of the bag and fabric standards. Some of these criteria are
- They must include an insulating layer on the inside of the container
- They must ensure the achievement of an electrical breakdown voltage of ≤ 6kV.
- They must be tightly constructed with all major panels and inner baffles of the same multilayer material.
Here are some top reasons to choose Type D FIBC bags:
- If you are storing or transporting volatile or combustible materials, you should be using a Type D bag because the risk of a discharge of static cannot be safely handled by a standard FIBC.
- Type D jumbo bags have the convenience of not requiring the inner conductive threads to be interconnected. It is a big safety feature that eliminates the need to ground the bags. This also avoids the possibility of human error that can cause accidents, injuries, and even death.
- High-risk electrostatic hazard products and materials such as chemicals, foods, fertilizers, minerals, and pharmaceuticals must prefer Type D rather than Type C to mitigate grounding failures.
In the spirit of this same logic, it is also prudent to choose the right supplier when you are devoting so much thought to select the right FIBC.
Buy the best quality FIBC Type D bag for your applications
At Bulk Corp International, we are committed to providing Type D FIBC Bags that meet the highest standards for quality and affordability. We ensure that:
- Products and assets are protected by our processes carried out in strictly certified clean rooms.
- Each and every bulk bag is tested for functioning, safety, and quality.
- Customisation is offered in the form of printed text and custom logos, including coloured ones.
- Products are protected from ultraviolet light exposure as well given our specific designing and manufacturing.
- Certification from safety and quality organizations, including BRC (GFSI recognized) and ISO 9001:2015.
We work hard on developing solutions to cut down on time and match your products with the right bag at a competitive price.
Got queries regarding our Type D FIBC bulk bags? Wish to know if Type D bags are suitable for your application? Talk to our FIBC experts. Thanks to our robust supply chain networks and strategically situated distribution centres, we can ensure prompt and seamless delivery globally.
For more information, contact us today!