Product Dispersion Challenges faced while filling FIBC Bulk Bags & Tips to overcome them
FIBC Bags are available in various tops (opening) according to your requirements, preferences, and needs. However, there are scenarios when the materials of the bags keep falling onto the ground due to the incorrect top being selected while purchasing FIBC Bulk Bags and multiple challenges faced during the filling process of the FIBC Bag.
In this blog, we will walk you through product dispersion challenges faced while filling FIBC Bulk Bags and give tips to overcome these challenges.
Product Dispersion challenges during the filling process
- The first thing generally noticed is that all the products & materials aren’t filled into the bag properly. Hence it is recommended to check for dispersion first.
- Secondly, you need to check that all the products & materials are stacked properly inside the FIBC Bag, utilizing all corners of the bags and maintaining stability. Any bags stacked on top of this bag will not be stable due to the uneven top surface. If the top surface is uneven, it will topple bags on the ground.
- The next thing you will be able to notice is that the product & material coning at the top of the bag can back the product up into the filling machinery resulting in hindering the flow of materials inside the bag.
- Lastly, you will notice that while stacking up all the corners of the bag to ensure optimal utilization & stability, this process is time-consuming and slows down overall productivity.
Common causes of poor product dispersion
- The most common cause of poor dispersion is that while filling baffle bags, it maintains their original square shape, hindering product flow in all corners of the bag.
- Also, the angle of repose depends on the products you are filling in the bag, which is different for various products.
- Selecting the correct bag size is vital to ensure you can fill the required quantity of products in each bag and are evenly distributed. Selection of the wrong bag size will affect the angle of repose, resulting in poor product dispersion.
- Though you have selected the right size FIBC Bulk Bag, poor handling & filling procedures will affect the product dispersion.
Tips to fix the challenges
- Firstly, you need to consider whether you have adequate opening at the top of the FIBC bag for the material to be easily discharged in the bag.
Note: You can choose a flap or duffle or open top over the spout.
- We recommend making room for a vibration table which helps level materials.
- Another thing you can do is make efficient use of the forklift to move the bag up and set it down to push the product down.
After reading the blog, you will have clarity regarding common challenges faced while filling FIBC Bulk Bags, how the angle of repose plays a vital role in bag filling, and tips to overcome poor product dispersion challenges. However, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
At Bulkcorp International, we manufacture customized FIBC Bulk Bags. Our team understands clients’ requirements and accordingly suggests the best opening & closure for the bag for efficient filling.
For a quotation for any of our FIBC Bags, contact us at +91-79-3533 6805 or +91-79-3533 6804 or email email@example.com.